Friday, October 12, 2012

STYLE x CAKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Cake Pop People
Cake pops can be stylish too! This, I learn in a late night baking experiment. On Saturday, my friend is throwing a 2nd birthday party for her child--what a great opportunity to foray into the world of cake pops!

Waiting to be dipped and dressed...

I set out with a box of Duncan Hines and a few odds and ends from past projects-- pink melting chips, chocolate sprinkles, round white sprinkles, lollipop sticks, and candy eyes. The easy part is making the pops--the tough part is decorating them. With Halloween on the horizon, I decide on a funky face theme. Pink makes for the perfect skin color and the sprinkles mimick head and facial hair. Fondant lips, horns, stitches hats and hair add to the cute, yet grotesque, "look" of each pop. To balance "beauty" with "beast," I  include a couple girly faces with pretty homemade fondant flowers. Scraggly beards, mismatched teeth and 25 pops later, I'm out of ideas... 

TA DA! The product of my handiwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...