A week ago, NBC Universal announced that today (4/4/14--a bad number in some cultures) DailyCandy will be shuttered. Aside from feeling surprise that a corporate conglomerate would end a site attracting 6 million readers, I'm disappointed that the end has come so quickly and unexpectedly for supporters and staff. After reading this op ed piece by Pavia Rosati, DailyCandy's first editor, I'm convinced that NBCU never recognized Daily Candy for what it was and prevented it from realizing its full potential. It's a pity that passion and hard work can no longer counter the prowess of politics and bureaucracy. In other news, here's this week's IFB Top 20, which includes my interview with Diane Pernet...
What I Wish I Knew
Edited by Jennie Jacob
This week has had all kinds of lessons for me. I've relaunched an old blog, and realizing more than ever that things are different. Really different. There are so many things I wish I knew, perhaps that's what I was thinking in selecting these links. Revealing secrets, sharing tales of lessons learned, fashion heroes made, these links all have a bit of wisdom in them, even if it is about a trend... because you know, trends are just the spirit of the time.
Links à la Mode: April 3rd
- Adorned in Armor: Forever Young (Tithonus)
- A Glamorous Revelation: The Best Time to Shop
- Al-Balsam Life: Ultimate Beauty Guide: Preparing for a Big Event!
- Attire Club: Details About Watches
- DressCode:HighFashion: Model Style January-March 2014
- Fashion is Kiy: What I Wish My Fairy Godmother Told Me: Internships
- Hey Mishka: 5 Things I learned from Garance Dore
- Les Assorties: Honoring the Romanov Duchesses
- Life.Style.Fun: 23 Ways to Boost Your Happiness
- Loser Girl Wins: 15 Instagram Quotes 20-Something Girls Eat Up
- Miss Sassy Girl: Make a Statement By Wearing Gorgeous Earrings
- Stilettos and Tequila: Floral Looks I Love
- Style Bizarre: Top 5 Emerging Fashion Illustrators
- Style By Alina: 7 Best Stores to Buy Stylish Small Heels
- Style Curated: A Dialog With Diane Pernet
- Thank You For Trending: Hey Sport!
- The Curatorial: An Interview: Vice & Vanity
- The Glambition: Mini Trend: Fast Food
- The Stylist: Merge With The Crowd or Stand Out With Your Style
- We Are Ready Made: Two Became One: Proenza Schouler
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.
2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: Links à la Mode Code.