Friday, April 4, 2014

IFB LINKS A LA MODE: WEEK of 4/3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

lalam0403

A week ago, NBC Universal announced that today (4/4/14--a bad number in some cultures) DailyCandy will be shuttered. Aside from feeling surprise that a corporate conglomerate would end a site attracting 6 million readers, I'm disappointed that the end has come so quickly and unexpectedly for supporters and staff. After reading this op ed piece by Pavia Rosati, DailyCandy's first editor, I'm convinced that NBCU never recognized Daily Candy for what it was and prevented it from realizing its full potential. It's a pity that passion and hard work can no longer counter the prowess of politics and bureaucracy. In other news, here's this week's IFB Top 20, which includes my interview with Diane Pernet... 

What I Wish I Knew
Edited by Jennie Jacob

This week has had all kinds of lessons for me. I've relaunched an old blog, and realizing more than ever that things are different. Really different. There are so many things I wish I knew, perhaps that's what I was thinking in selecting these links. Revealing secrets, sharing tales of lessons learned, fashion heroes made, these links all have a bit of wisdom in them, even if it is about a trend... because you know, trends are just the spirit of the time.  

Links à la Mode: April 3rd
SPONSOR: Born Free Kore, Genetic, Gant, Stone Island, JOA, Fabiola Pedrazzini, Converse, Isapera, Filson, Billy Reid,Sass & Bide, & Elyse Walker

Want to be featured in Links à la Mode? 
1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode. 
2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: Links à la Mode Code.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...