Monday, July 22, 2013

STYLE SNAPS : UPSIDE DOWN

Saks Fifth Avenue, 49th St. and Fifth Ave. 

Every so often, perspective challenges the obvious and invites constructive consideration. Last Friday, I transitioned into a new role within a different part of the same company. Different people, a different mentality, and an entirely different workstream and responsibilities turned my world (and wardrobe) upside down. For 9 months since Hurricane Sandy, I was stylin' in sweatpants and working remote from the comfort of my kitchen table, exiled from my office on Wall Street. Tomorrow I will don a pair of subtly brocade pants, a black blazer and an amateurishly ambitious attitude... and will that the grass is indeed greener on the other side of the same field.

Sunday Style Sightings at Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks' mannequins showcase sweatshirts and sport coats with slightly disconcerted expressions. Is it the apparent juxtaposition or the sweat-inducing styles in sweltering heat that solicits doleful distress? Somehow, I'm suddenly curious if things would look more (or less) stylish sideways...

Standing Still... Really Still... Stylishly, at Saks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...