Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pre-Friday Fun at French Connection

The ladies of Valley Nails being creative and Elizabeth Monson standing on the right in pants that match the nail design of the night

Monday began a week-long countdown to tonight's Spring Nail Art event hosted by Elizabeth Monson and Keiko Lynn at French Connection's Soho Flagship. While fashionable femmes shopped spring styles and sipped on bubbly, a nail station staffed by Valley of Nolita gave manicures with the night's featured flower print. As I awaited my mani-makeover, I had time to browse the latest offerings at French Connection. Keep reading to see the completed mani and style standouts.

I loved the orange and blue (Go Syracuse!!, might I add). Oh--and Pardon my chaffed hands

Sequins and suiting were the two themes that caught my eye this evening. Not usually my cup of tea, sequins are flashy and often make for a fragile and heavy garment. However, tonight, I spotted a couple sequined choices that I wouldn't mind in my go-to pile. I've been looking for the perfect sweatshirt and FC's lovebird top is comfy and stylish enough to wear out without looking haphazard. The techno rain jacket looked a bit overwhelming on the hanger, but drapes phenomenally on a human. I was surprised at the craftsmanship and how well the jacket was able to be paired with other separates. 

French Connection spring stand-outs [photo credits: www.frenchconnection.com ]

As a take-away, French Connection's matching jacket and shorts pairings inspire me to try something new this spring. Up until now, I've been a traditionalist in terms of suiting. Apart from the Jacket and varying lengths of skirt or long pants, I haven't strayed far from the corporate norm. After a night out and a goodie bag full of fabulous finds, the experimenting is soon to begin! A big thanks to party hosts and the manicurist for a lovely evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...