Wednesday, October 17, 2012

-WEDNESDAY WINDOWS-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Birthday windows at C. Wonder Soho

Window shopping is one of my favorite past times in NYC. From plastic bottles shaped into flowers to hot pink dinosaurs to dancing turkeys, I've always admired the creativity that goes into concocting a decent store window. Back in my youth, I aspired to be a visual merchandiser for Ralph Lauren. In the spirit of Style x Window, I thought it would be fun to post the three windows that catch my eye every Wednesday--Have a look after the jump.


Alexander Wang's Grand Street Store is ready for Halloween!

This week, I walk through Soho on my way home from work. C. Wonder's Birthday windows incite a double take with brightly colored piñatas, fringe, confetti and an upbeat festive feel. I flash  back to childhood for a minute reminiscing on innocence and squeals of delight upon breaking the piñata. On Grand St., Alexander Wang's cage has merchandise on meat hooks and a covered cadaver clutching a red bag--Eerie! Last, Aritzia's windows house mannequins in winterwear against planetary backdrops. Aside from the Halloween and "abstract" windows, it's nice to see science slip into a window display. Speaking of which, did you know that 5 planets (Mars, Jupiter and Venus before sunrise and Mercury and Saturn after sunset) are clearly visible in October 2012? Go out, have a look, and be sure to check back next week!

 
Aritzia's windows sport a planetary theme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...