For the longest time, the concept of "writing your own story" seemed vaguely perplexing. Natural progression assumes that education, a career and marriage approaches in due course. Yet at the supposed 'height' of life, what defines success and achievement? Are the expectations of "what I want to be when I grow up" being met? What now? Choice and contentedness define the upcoming chapters. What's next? While you're reflecting, have a look at this week's top 20 IFB blog posts...
Beyond the Hype
edited by Jennine Jacob
In Fashion, it's hard to tell what's really real. There is so much hype around everything. So many euphemisms, so many sales gimmicks, and so much "positioning" that to get to what really is going on... that takes some hard looks. This week we have quite a few thought-provoking posts that have us question the very surface of the fashion industry. About diversity, about diversions and about those tricks they use to make us buy.
Links a La Mode: February 5th
- Anti-Muse Fashion Riot: Thomas Hanisch: Berlin Fashion Week Debut
- Attire Club: Thoughts on Beauty and Race
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Essie Wrapped Color in Cashmere Trio
- Ginger Side of Life: Why I Fashion Blog
- Late Night Minutes: Review, Swatch + Dupes: Rouge Louboutin
- Life in the Fash Lane: Blogger Commenting Etiquette
- Modavracha's Spot: Beauty Review: Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
- Ms. Fabulous: Katy Perry's Super Bowl Style
- My Legendary Style: 8 Beauty Tips You Need to Know
- Omnivouge: NYFW Packing Essentials
- Sammy Says: Are Designer Handbags Worth The Hype?
- Storybook Apothecary: Seductive Fragrances for Valentines Day
- Style Curated: Van Gogh: Viktor + Rolf Haute Couture 2015
- That Paki Blog: London vs Milan vs Paris Menswear
- The Fab Diaries: 5 Tips for Taking Care of Your Cat!
- The Fashion Barbie: What is Fashion Doing Wrong?
- The Rivaux: Over Hyped Products: Why My Lips Are Always Chapped
- TLV Birdie: California Style: How to Dress Up in 60 Seconds
- We Are Ready Made: Gender Duality
- Wild Beauty: The Last Tattooed Women of Kobane
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.
2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: Links à la Mode Code.